BILL 157 (KEEPING OUR KIDS SAFE AT SCHOOL)
Bill 157 amends the Education Act with regards to behaviour, discipline and safety. It is part of an ongoing effort to make Ontario schools safer for students and staff. It affects how all school board employees handle incidents at school, with a focus on prevention and early intervention.
Training Solution – Online Bill 157 Course
This course provides annual training on legislative and policy changes resulting from Bill 157.
Upon completing Bill 157, participants will:
• Be familiar with the components of Bill 157
• Be aware of regulations and policies relating to Bill 157
• Understand the issues with reporting incidents under Bill 157 and how they pertain to workplace violence legislation
• Know implementation strategies for reporting, responding and delegating authority
• Be aware of school climate as a tool for monitoring and reviewing the implementation of Bill 157.